Newport Music Hall
A musical mecca of the Midwest, the Newport Music Hall holds the honor of being the Longest Continually Running Rock Club in the country. Originally built in 1923 as a movie theatre, the facility was converted into The Agora Ballroom in 1970 until purchased by PromoWest in 1984, reopening as the Newport Music Hall. Located on the campus of the Ohio State University, Newport Music Hall maintains the preservation of its historical ballroom architechture and the legacy of its past and present performers. With a 1,700 person capacity and hosting over 150,000 guests a year, the Newport Music Hall has become one of the most legendary rock club's in the country.
Concert Highlights include:
Neil Young, Reo Speedwagon, Devo, The Ramones, Chris Issak, James Brown, B.B. King, Todd Rundgren, Ted Nugent, Meatloaf, Cheap Trick, 10,000 Maniacs, Great White, Robin Trower, Bad English, Winger, Jerry Lee Lewis, Black Flag, The Monkees, Violent Femmes, Billy Crystal, Foreigner, The Band, Jay Leno, Billy Ocean, Bad Company, Morris Day, Green Day,Joe Walsh, Megadeth, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Skid Row, Slayer, George Clinton, Melissa Etheridge, George Thorogood, Bo Diddley, Quiet Riot, Alice in Chains, 38 special, Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Alice Cooper, Primus, Fishbone, Huey Lewis and the News, Joe Satriani The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Candlebox, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Anthrax, Better Than Ezra, Insane Clown Posse.
Coming to a show? Get some answers:
"What can't I bring to a show with me?"
For the safety of both concert patrons and our staff, we do not allow the following items:
• Oversized bags or backpacks of any kind (see above for approved bags and sizes)
• Outside food, drink, bottles or cans
• Coolers, lawn chairs (or seats with any metal in them), umbrellas
• Recording devices, go-pros, selfie sticks, drones, phone stabalizers
• Fireworks, candles, laser pointers, incendiary devices
• Inline skates, skateboards, bicycles, razer scooters, helmets
• Pets (exceptions for service dogs, etc...)
• Any form of weapon, including knives, tasers, mace or pepper spray
• Anything with spikes/studs on them (shoes, bracelets, rings, clothing)
• Strollers, car seats
• iPads and other tablets (with camera capabilities)
• Musical instruments and promotional materials (flyers, CDs, stickers)
• Inflatiables, signs, banners
• Illegal drugs and drug paraphanelia
"Are your concerts open to all ages?"
Yes. Unless otherwise indicated, our events are open to all ages.
"What time is the show?"
The time listed on your ticket is the time that the doors will open for the show. Live music will usually start about an hour after the doors open, but that's always subject to change. Also, we don't usually know the set times, that's up to the bands to decide.
"Where can I purchase tickets?"
ticketmaster.com, charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or at our venues. EXPRESS LIVE! and Stage AE Box Offices are open at Noon on show days, and the Newport Music Hall Box Office is open at 10:00am on show days.
"Do I have to pay service charges at your box office?"
Tickets for most of our events have a service charge of $3.00 per ticket.
"Where do I pick up my Will Call tickets?"
Will Call tickets can be picked up at the Box Office at the door time for Newport shows, and beginning approximately two hours prior to the door time for EXPRESS LIVE! and Stage AE shows.
"My ticket says 'General Admission' -- what's that mean?"
Almost all of our shows are general admission standing room only, which means that there is no assigned seating, if there's seating at all. On occasions when events are seated, the ticket agent will be able to help you select the best available reserved seating location at your time of purchase. If you require ADA accessible seating for a general admission show, a member of our Guest Serives staff can help accommodate your needs when you arrive.
"I bought tickets for a show and now one of the bands are not playing. Can I get a refund?"
Unfortunately no, unless the headliner is no longer playing. Support bands often change through the tour.
"Can I leave the show and come back?"
Almost all of our events have a "no re-entry" policy, which means once you enter, you cannot leave and re-enter. There are food and beverages available on-site, as well as an ATM.
"Does my child need a ticket to get in?"
Yes. Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket unless otherwise posted.
"Can I bring a camera, video camera, or recording device?"
The camera policy is set by the artist. Generally, the rule is that no professional cameras or recording devices of any kind are allowed. Many artists will allow you to bring a disposable or small digital camera. If you have a question about the camera policy for a specific show, please contact us.
"Can we smoke at the show?"
Indoor shows are non-smoking.
"What happens if I've lost my ticket?"
You will need to try and get a replacement from where you made your purchase.
"Can I get a refund if I can't make it to the show"
Sorry, as indicated on your ticket, there are no refunds or exchanges. If a show is canceled or postponed, then you may seek a refund at your point of purchase.
Where To Stay
Coming in from out of town? Check out our friends over at the Sheraton, Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square, for the best deal. Located right down town, you'll be close to the show and all of the night life Columbus has to offer!
Click here, for our concert fan discount.
INDIVIDUAL VIP BALCONY BOX SEATS (Sold on a per show basis)
- 4 -10 reserved seats
- Limited availability
PICK-A-TICKET PACKAGE (general admission/standing room tickets)
- 4 tickets to 10 concerts of your choice at EXPRESS LIVE! or Newport Music Hall
For more information, call Mike Cash at 614.461.5483 ext. 115 or Mike@promowestlive.com
Advertising & Sponsorship
PromoWest Productions offers advertising and sponsorship programs that are customized to provide each sponsor a unique platform to connect to our vastly diverse audience. Through special promotions, brand activations, customized programs, “grass roots” and traditional advertising, sponsors are provided direct access to an active and trend-setting demographic. Packages may include:
- Indoor and Outdoor Signage
- Show Sponsorship / Media Placement
- Online Advertising & Promotions
- Social Media Programs
- On-site booth display & promotions / Sampling & Couponing
- VIP Ticket Packages & Special Offers
- Customized Brand Activation Programs
- Naming Rights / Branded Locations / Product Placement
- Video Kiosks and Billboards
- Digital Advertisements
- Commercials on PromoWest Live TV show airing weekly on NBC4 after SNL
For more information on advertising at EXPRESS LIVE!, Newport Music Hall, A&R Music Bar, The Basement or on PromoWest Live TV Show, contact:
Mike Cash at 614.461.5483 ext. 115 or Mike@promowestlive.com
Become a member of the Decibel Club, PromoWest Productions' premier concert club.
As a member of the Decibel Club you will receive:
- 4 tickets to the concert(s) of your choice to any qualifying show at the EXPRESS LIVE!, Newport, The Basement or A&R Music Bar
- Early entrance to evry show at every Columbus venue (valid for member plus 1 guest with Decibel Club membership card)
- one (1) Decibel Club membership card**
- Weekly PromoWest newsletter keeping you up-to-date with the latest concert info
- Exclusive access to:
- two-for-one ticket offers
- Presale opportunities
- FREE concert tickets*
- Box seats, contests, soundcheck parties and meet & greet opportunities
*For a complete list of terms and conditions, click here.
**Decibel Club membership cards can be picked up by member at either the EXPRESS LIVE! or Newport Music Hall box office.
PromoWest gift cards are a great present for the music lover in your life! Gift cards can be redeemed for tickets (in person at the box office) or drinks at any Columbus PromoWest venue and they never expire.
Purchase today online or at the box office.